Saturday, January 10, 2009

A visit to Frenchy’s Bistro

My wife and I visited Frenchy’s Bistro (Yelp) for dinner last night. It was a great meal. The evening was perfect. I had my favorite dish – the lamb shank. My wife had the veal. We enjoyed a bottle of Domaine Mellot, Sancerre, a good French white wine. My wife capped off the evening with their famous Arlequin soufflé. We left happy, and slightly buzzed.

Frenchy’s is pricy. Our meal ran about $150. But I don’t know any other place to get decent authentic French cuisine. I sure can’t cook it myself. If you plan to visit the Los Angeles / Long Beach area, you could do much worse if you are looking for a nice meal. We also had a minor celebrity sighting – only I have not yet been able to find her name.

We ended up watching the newly released video, The Women. It was a horrible chick flick. I had to check to make sure I still had testicles when it was over.

Technorati tags: , ,