Saturday, January 10, 2009

Even Pastor's wives abuse children

praying

By my own flawed accounting, four people have told me that I have no morals because I do not know God. Most of these wonderful loving messages came via email, but one was face-to-face with a fundie at a gas station. One of the four insisted that I all have to do is become a Christian and by some magic I don't understand, I would know the right things to do. God would guide me. I respond by pointing these people to Hypocrisy Watch and talking about the latest men (and women) of God committing heinous acts under the color of authority. Like 56 year old retired teacher and wife of a Baptist pastor, Wanda Smith. Her alleged crime... molesting a student.

She is accused of having sex with a student for several years starting when he was 11 years old and in 6th grade. The victim, who was interviewed by Orlando police detectives, said the sexual contact continued for several years until he was about 16. The acts were occasionally videotaped.

When confronted with the video evidence of her abuse, Smith and her husband claimed the boy was a man they hired to work for them. They told this lie separately.

I read “separately” and immediately flashed ma and pa Baptist pastor getting off to a video tape. When Christians tell me that I am immoral, they get to hear this fucked up story.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]