Saturday, November 19, 2011

Photo - we bad

We bad

I’m sure taking photos while I’m driving is a crime, but I can’t resist. People but odd stuff on the vehicles, I must shoot. I’m further compelled when I can capture some of the urban ugliness that makes up most of Los Angeles.

I shot this with my Nikon D7000 and a new AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED. I was testing the ‘active mode’ of the lens’ Vibration Reduction technology. It is supposed to reduce the blur associated with shooting while driving. I shot this at 1/60 while doing about 30mph (with one hand no less). I think the VR technology works just fine.

The lens runs about $585 and is an upgrade over the AF Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G ($179), which I had and beat to death over the last couple of seasons.

Technorati Tags: ,,,