Friday, January 02, 2009

Foodgasm: Burma SuperStar

I'm up in Northern California visiting my son in Alameda for the New Year's holiday. We had a chance to visit a restaurant called Burma SuperStar today for lunch. The link takes you to the San Fransisco version of the restaurant. It has been a foodie favorite for years. The restaurant we visited is their new location in Alameda. It has the same menu as the more established venue, but like our server said, "It has no line".

I noticed Burma SuperStar while walking off a late breakfast on New Year's Day. It was closed at the time. We looked it up on Yelp. Based on its Yelp rating, and a positive review of the San Fransisco restaurant from my son and his fiancee, we decided to give it a go. It was amazing. In fact, the meal is one of the best I've had in many years. I wrote a review for it on Yelp. If you live in the area, you must give it a try.