Sunday, January 06, 2008

Pastor Arrested On Gun Charges

A Baptist pastor was allegedly ready to kill a man over a spot in line at a car wash. I think he's missed the core message of Christianity.
A local pastor was arrested Christmas Eve on gun charges. Johnny Coleman of Alexandria is charged with two counts of carrying a concealed weapon.The incident started with a dispute at the Mister Spotless Car Wash in Cold Spring, when Coleman says he was cut off by another driver. That driver claims he saw Coleman loading a handgun, saying someone could get shot over the situation.

Police found two guns in Coleman's briefcase when he was arrested. Coleman works for Christ Baptist Church in Cold Spring. It was started by former members of First Baptist Church of Cold Spring after suspicions arose that former pastor Larry Davis was improperly using church money.

Coleman was released on his own recognizance.

Source: Local Pastor Arrested On Gun Charges

I can sympathize. I once lost it at a car wash in France when a rude driver cut in line ahead of me. Did I resort to a handgun? No, I used bad french to cuss out a Frenchman who used bad English to respond in kind. I don't remember who won. However, I am sure nobody was killed or arrested.