Sunday, June 03, 2007

Feed the Muse: Photowalking

Who knew? People like me actually take camera's along while walking around with other photography geeks specifically to take pictures. They call it photowalking. I have my own version, I call it photodriving. It's just like photowalking but with added challenge of shooting while driving a truck.  The photo below is an example from  last week.

Photodriving lowers

As I pulled up to a red light in Cerritos, I noticed these ubiquitous purple flowers. They were in a decorative road divider. I shot a few pictures before continuing my drive.

I like the idea of photowalking, except for the whole social aspect of course. I wonder if there is a local group? I'll have to read photowalking.org to find out.

3 comments:

beepbeepitsme said...

It looks like an agapanthus. I am not sure though.

Also called the lily of the nile.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/define-agapanthus-lily-of-the-nile-1.jpg

Johnny C said...

I like the idea of photowalking. But I would like to add out of the way places. I like to explore. Abandoned buildings, underground washes, ghost towns, anything weird and out of the way. I want to hike or explore to find those truly unique experiences.

Zeolite said...

Running and photography are my essential alone-time activities, I can't image taking photos as part of a group...

I love this photo, I'm not normally a fan of plant shots but the colors in this are just askew enough to make the photo really interesting: white sky, blue flowers. and very little green.