Monday, November 29, 2004

Long Beach Art Project #2

I took a brief walk around the "East Village" in downtown Long Beach today and shot a couple of the public art pieces. As I said in my previous post, I will be posting these images as I come across them. This first piece is quite colorful and impressionistic. I am not sure what aspect of Long Beach it represents, but I do like it.


© Copyright 2004 Mojoey

The piece below is clearly depicting the starlings that inhabit much of downtown Long Beach. I love the colors, they are very bold.


© Copyright 2004 Mojoey

This piece is depicting the Queen Mary and local palm trees. I am not sure if it qualifies as art, but it is much better than graffiti.


© Copyright 2004 Mojoey

I am very interested in this project. I hope that it will spread beyond the downtown area because much of Long Beach has a distinct "inner city" look to it. Still, Long Beach has come a long way since the bad old days of the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's. Well... maybe not such a long way, but there is hope.