Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Do not give in to despair

We elected Trump last night. He was not my candidate, nor does he represent my America. My wife ask me something important this morning at 4:00 am. “I’m brown and a woman, will you protect me?”

My answer, “Yes, I’ll protect you and a lot of other people.”

How will I do that? Well, for starters I will not give in to despair. I will not move to Canada. I will not support California’s succession. I will not drink my unease away. I will not give up. I will do everything I can to fight for what I know to be right and true. I’ll hold the media accountable. I’ll do the same for our government. I’ll fight. I’ll speak, I’ll write. I’ll even engage with the evangelical community. I’ll do everything I can. Everything.

Hillary Clinton was not my candidate. I voted for her and lost. The Democratic Party has a lot to answer for. I’ll push for accountability on this point too. They cannot field another establishment candidate. We need new blood and new leadership. The question is how…