Monday, September 23, 2013

Poet Kofi Awoonor murdered in Kenyan Terror Attack

Fuck terrorism. What say you Islam? Is this just your bad actors? Is Islam really a religion of peace? I judge based on what Muslims do, not on what that say. I judge Islam to be a religion of death and hatred. I think I'm being fair too. 

Poet Kofi Awoonor (1935-2013) wrote beautiful poetry. I've read a dozen or so of him poems and I am looking forward to buying his latest collection when published. A bullet from a Muslim zealot ended his life. It is so horribly unjust.

One of his final works is posted below. It's titled Across A New Dawn.

Sometimes, we read the

lines in the green leaf

run our fingers over the

smooth of the precious wood

from our ancient trees;

Read the rest: Read One of the Final Poems of a Victim of the Kenyan Terror Attack

I cannot process the deaths or the horror of this event. It hurts my heart.