Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Introducing Why God Isn’t Necessary

Please join me in welcoming one of the newest members of the Atheist Blogroll, Why God Isn’t Necessary.

As an atheist, one is often challenged by the theists to prove there is no God.

It’s a question cleverly designed to elicit the only possible response, which is “No, I can’t”.

All intelligent people realize that you cannot disprove a negative. There is no known way for me to prove that fairies or unicorns don’t exist either.

However, the now famous “flying spaghetti monster” argument, is too easily dismissed by the theists who desperately cling to the “You can’t prove God doesn't exist” line.
So, I thought about the problem another way.

Theists are clearly choosing to believe in a God, and not flying spaghetti monsters (in the main). This implies that they’ve made some sort of discriminating decision in favor of their silent and invisible God.

They have in fact decided it is necessary for their God to exist and be a part of their lives.

So rather than try and argue whether God does or doesn’t exist, I have decided to attempt to prove that a decision to have a God in your life is simply of no benefit, and hence completely unnecessary. As unnecessary as believing in a flying spaghetti monster or fairies.

My blog "Why God is not necessary" is my comprehensive argument of this position. I'd like as many atheists and theists as possible to post comments here to fully debate my proposition in order that it can ultimately be forged into a credible platform for intelligent reasoning against the spreading of belief in mythical Middle Eastern fairy tales.

Are you interested in becoming a member? Visit the Atheist Blogroll resource blog for more information.

Technorati Tags: Atheism,The Atheist Blogroll