Sunday, September 26, 2010

Haggard justifies his depravity and I laugh

It is hard for me to not laugh when I hear Ted Haggard talk. A few minutes into this interview with Anderson Cooper, Haggard gives this ludicrous line after he was asked, “Do you fell like a hypocrite?”

(6:10) It’s just like any ideal, we have police officers who get speeding tickets.

Haggard never answers question, so I will for him. Yes! And for the record, a cop getting a speeding ticket is not morally equivalently to a anti-gay pastor banging a gay hooker.

I love how Haggard gets schooled on “walking in truth” with the line, “It did not take a scandal for me to come out and walk in truth”. It makes Haggard look like a hypocrite and a tool, I like Pastor Troy Sanders, his message is authentic – his choice in clothing, not so much.

1 comment:

kate said...

Unbelievable. You know, it's gotten to the point where the more rabidly anti-gay a politician or church "leader" is, the more certain I am that they are self-loathing gays.

Ted Haggart is the hypocritiest of the hypocrites.