Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Confront your fears Joe

DSC_7642 I was afraid for a little while today. It was unsettling and left me feeling vulnerable. The young man on the left, complete with his ridiculous low hanging shorts, got together with a few of his friends and started eyeballing me from about 50 feet away.  I’m not sure what the issue was. I might have been at their table, or it may have been my camera. At any rate, I could see them pointing, and nodding in my direction. Their talk was furtive. They kept looking up, and looking around the park at the other people. Finally, one of them walked towards me. I realized too late that I was the target of their attention. It was scary. He approached to within 20 feet while checking me out. I saw him check the table and look at my camera. I thought, “Crap, he’s going to grab something and run”. But then he changed his mind and walked away.  I think the police cruiser had something to do with it.

It was a close call and I was mad at myself for not being more vigilant. Next time I’m heading for my truck no matter what; even if I have to pitch my expensive cigar.

Technorati Tags: ,