Friday, August 20, 2010

20% of Americans are idiots

At least that's what I’m led to believe after hearing of the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life. 18% of adults surveyed believe Obama is a Muslim. Really? My fellow Americas, come on now, this is some kind of joke, right?

Do I care what religion our president claims? Yes, but only if he (or eventually she) uses it like George Bush jr., as a justification for presidential action. Reagan was a Christian, but I did not care. Carter was a Christian, and a bad president. He bothered too. If the President acts on his religion publically, I notice and voice an objection when its appropriate. With Bush Jr., it was all the time, but not so much with Obama.

Obama claims to be a Christian. The White House says me prays daily. I see evidence of his Christianity occasionally, but more often I see respect of the 1st Amendment. I like that better. And, Obama is not a Muslim. That’s just crazy talk.

My personal opinion is that Obama is  an Atheist. But hey, we all have our little fantasies. At least I don’t think about him riding on the back of a unicorn

Technorati Tags: ,