Monday, August 31, 2009

The Art of Photography show

Woman sitting from behind

My friend Imogen turned me on to a NRP article about a San Diego photography exhibit called The Art of Photography Show. It opened at the Lyceum Theatre Gallery in San Diego on August 29, 2009. A nude man in a chair took first place. I love the shot.  You can see it at either link.

"It is a remarkable photograph in its piercing representation of an acute and specific human state," explains the show's sole judge, Charlotte Cotton, the head of the photography department at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.

The website for the show has a great slide show of  images. Some are quite good. Unfortunately, I was not able to enter because I habitually find out about contests and shows the day after they open. My picture in the upper left was not good enough anyway. I needed something artsy, so I went with it.

Thanks Imogen!

Technorati Tags: