Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This is not here

This is not here

My frustration with work peaked for the first time near lunch today, so I went on a drive down into the Port of Long Beach on my lunch hour. I tried to ate a taco, but it smelled to much like something nasty, so I walked around with my camera for a few blocks instead. I found this tarp mural stuck on a chain link fence. It was not fooling anyone. It looked old, almost from another era.

Work was no better in the afternoon. But at least I know my problems were self inflicted. I violated two personal rules today, and I honestly don’t know why. 1. Never interfere with an adversary when the are making a mistake. 2. Never volunteer your scarce skills when they are likely to be rejected. I broke both rules in the same breath. What the hell was I thinking?

Technorati Tags: ,