Saturday, January 03, 2009

Flying Spaghetti Monster sighting

I am besieged by bumper stickers promoting Christianity everyday. I see them on the backs of trucks and cars as I make my daily commute. I respond with my camera and sarcasm... Lots of sarcasm. But not today! I was blessed by the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Me! He blessed me! I mean, how many atheists carry cameras while walking city streets on New Years Day? It must be a sign. 2009 is going to be a good year.

My family was mortified. As we walked up Park Street in Alameda California, I noticed the FSM on the back of a parked car. As I moved into position for a better shot, my family shouted warnings. My oldest son, who is always courteous and polite, was worried that I might upset the driver. I though, "Relax son, I probable know the guy".

I tried to explain about the satirical nature of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Their response was bemused bafflement and that look I get when I rant on about atheism. They did not understand my excitement. No worries. I enjoyed my special moment without them.

Technorati tags: , ,