Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Out of the mouth of a pre-teen

Sometimes my sons make me so proud I could burst. I have two sons. One is an adult and already making his way in the world. My other son is 12 and still very much the focus of my life. I know he will slip away once he hits his teens, so for now I savor every moment.

Last week my youngest son was working on a school project about the history of the Arabian Peninsula. This project was a big deal to him and would count for a large part of his grade in history. During the final assembly of the paper, he was stressing over including the required pictures. I asked him what the problem was, and he replied that he had forgotten to include some of the pictures, including one of Mohamed. I told him that Muslims would be offended a graphical depiction of Mohamed. My older son was standing next to me at the time, he echoed my concern. My younger son tossed me a "oh dad" look and replied "We'll, I'm not a Muslim so why should it matter?"

That's my boy!

Technorati tags: ,

5 comments:

Alejandro said...

You should certainly be proud. Next time maybe he'll include those Danish comics too!

Johnny C said...

Very nice! Sounds like a great kid, Joe.

Evolved Rationalist said...

http://tinyurl.com/pacxm

That should do the trick.

Anonymous said...

Ignorance is bliss...

Mojoey said...

and blind obedience to an invisible sky god is the height of ignorance.