Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Man says he hit sister to free her demons

Hell, I don't see the problem here. I hit my sister in the head just because she was my sister.

A Florida man says he hit his sister in the head with an iron so he could release the demons that he said were inside of her.

When Oswald Varemond's 80-year-old mother intervened and tried to stop him, he allegedly bit off her fingertip and started pulling his own teeth out, a police report said.

Source: Man says he hit sister to free her demons - UPI.com

I normally pick on nutballs here at Deep Thoughts. But it is 2008 now so I thought I would start off with a little humor. Poor Oswald may be suffering from religious delusions, however my money is on mental illness.

5 comments:

JP said...

Pulling his own teeth out???

Ouch.

Anonymous said...

I was actually trying to comment on the Blaine Miller blog. I havent been on in several months & was wondering if there is any new news. Is there a trial date set yet,what is the pulse of the church these days? I apologize for piggybacking on this site,but I couldnt seem to leave a comment on the Miller site.

Anonymous said...

There a lot of things in this world that we do not understand. We should not quickly label someone as a nutcase (nutball). Oswald is a well respected businessman in the Haitian Community and has never commited a crime in his life. He is a very good friend of mine who has been a victim of voodoo. Not that I expect many people to understand, but voodoo does exist.

Let me be the first to say that he is NOT mentally ill...... This is not a joking matter for us here, especially when a man is being held in jail without bond for something he had no idea he was doing.

Here are the charges against him at this time.

http://www.pbso.org/corrections/index.cfm?fa=blottersearchwp&requesttimeout=500&start_date=12/20/2007&end_date=01/02/2008&last_name=varemon&first_name=oswald&street_name=&city_name=&statute=&arrestingAgency=&recsperpage=5&process=Process+Search

Do you still think that this is funny?

BTW Here is his company's website, www.telecono.com

Psychodiva said...

as a mental health professional I would say that he does have a mental illness if- as he claims- he does not remember or did not know what he was doing at the time- however, I would also dispute this as it is a tactic used by many men who seek to control women through their beliefs - I hope that a full mental health assessment is going to be carried out that will reveal the truth.

Just because somebody has no history of offending does not mean they are not offenders or not guilty of the current crime- I would propose thatthere is probably some history of domestic violence or abuse here - and no it isn't funny- for the victims- where is your symapthy for the victim anonymous?

The time for blaming one's actions on voodoo or any other religious belief should be well behind us.

Mojoey said...

Amen!