Sunday, July 29, 2007

Tillman comrade recalls final moments

 An Atheist to the end , Tillman did not pray in his foxhole. His last words speak of action.

"Hey, O'Neal, why are you praying? God can't help us now.'"

Sgt. Bryan O'Neal, refutes a nameless chaplain who claims Tillman was abusive and degrading.

He never would have called me 'sniveling,'" O'Neal said. "I don't remember ever speaking to this chaplain, and I find this characterization of Pat really upsetting. He never once degraded me. He's the only person I ever worked for who didn't degrade anyone. He wasn't that sort of person.

The way my government has handled Tillman's death makes me feel angry and ashamed. I hope the investigation take off. speaking of lies, I hear Bush is already claiming executive privilege.

It is nice to hear the truth spoke by the man who stood by Tillman's side when he died.

Technorati tags: , ,