Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Obsessed with nudity

Another thing I do not understand about some Christians. Why are they so concerned about how other people express their sexuality. Naturist like to hang out naked. They tend to be well behaved, police themselves, and go the extra mile to keep away from the kiddies and keep things non-sexual. Naturists are not a problem. Yet uptight pastor Ralph Ovadal has dedicated himself to removing the scourge of sexual activity on a nude beach in Wisconsin. In case you don't understand the stupidity involved here. The sexual activity Ovadal objects to is the act of nude sunbathing.

Mazomaine nude beach has been a private spot for nude sunbathing for 50 years. instead of cutting down the trees that offer privacy, Ovadal should leave them alone, or if he wants to police them, he should join the fun.

I am not a Naturist. I tried nude sunbathing once when I was young and burned my ass so bad I could not site down for three days. The burn, and disappointment of realizing that most nude sunbathers were well into their 60s, removed any desire to try it again. The fact that religious people like pastor Ovadal feel compelled to limit my freedoms, pisses me off. It is one of the reasons I write this blog. Being a naturist may not be something I want to do, but I won't stand by and watch some uptight nare-do-well ruin the party for those responsible individuals who enjoy the activity.

Focus on your own damn family.

6 comments:

nullifidian said...

I suppose they class nudity as sex in the same way that being born is sex (because you're naked) and taking a bath is sex (ditto) and doing the dishes is sex.... or is that just me? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Why are they so concerned about how other people express their sexuality.

Projection bias? Envy?

...disappointment of realizing that most nude sunbathers were well into their 60s, removed any desire to try it again

Ha!

Rose said...

They just want to take enjoyment out of sex... anything unnatural or not between a man and a woman missionary for the purpose of procreation. Homosexuality is always about sex to them, too! WTF?

Christians just pass on too much shame to their children as part of the brainwashing process.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite single panel cartoons from an anthology from the 1930's shows a Lawyer dragging a wretched girl by the nape of the neck into the courtroom bellowing, "Your Honor! This woman gave birth to a NAKED child!"
We have one of the most prudish societies in the world when it comes to nudity, mostly thanks to our Victorian influenced "christian values". Everyone knows there are only two reasons to be naked - Bathing and sex, so bring a bar of soap and a bathing cap next time you go to a nude beach...

beepbeepitsme said...

I suggest we hold a naturally nude day in protest. Unfortunately I will be unable to attend as I have a cold. (cough)

I skinny dipped quite a lot when I was younger, but the thought of doing so now raises some serious questions in my mind.

The thought that people might run away screaming at the sight of a middle aged, glaringly white, slightly overweight female has been duely taken into consideration.

The other unpleasant thought is being mistaken for a beached white whale and being inadvertantly harpooned by a passing japanese tourist.

Mojoey said...

I would make a possible walrus, a spotted pasty white walrus, but a walrus none the less.