Thursday, January 25, 2007

18 Unconvincing Arguments for God

Via the Friendly Atheist, 18 Unconvincing Arguments for God.

August Berkshire, the public relations representative for Minnesota Atheists and Vice-President of Atheist Alliance International, has put together a simple, concise list of “18 Unconvincing Arguments for God.”

Number 3 is my personal favorite because I hear it the most, and what can you say? So they talked to god...

(3) Personal Testimony / Feelings - This is when you are personally having the revelation or feeling that a god exists. Though you may be sincere, and even if a god really does exist, a feeling is not proof, either for you or for someone else.

Technorati tags:

2 comments:

Lexcen said...

18 good points just about covers it.

Anonymous said...

I get a chuckle out of this part particular argument, i.e, "I just know" or "I FEEEL it" (spoken reverently!). It's been expressed to me in other ways, usually by younger, less-educated high school kids ("I KNOW IT!" (angrier), or best yet, an offshoot, "My MAMA knows and if she heard you, she'd come in and--" (this is where I tell them their "mama" will be arrested if she storms into the school without permission and they shut up). This "argument" is often accompanied by claims of "visions" or "signs" from "god". It's amazing how persistent the insanity of it is!