Saturday, November 04, 2006

Somebody is lying

Ex-Evangelical Pastor Ted Haggard recently claimed he never used meth:

"I bought it for myself but never used it"

Source: Pastor admits buying drugs

Yet the voice mail released by Mike Jones clearly shows Haggard discussing an additional purchase of "either"

"Hi Mike, this is Art. Hey, I was just calling to see if we could get any more. Either $100 or $200 supply. And I could pick it up really anytime I could get it tomorrow or we could wait till next week sometime and so I also wanted to get your address. I could send you some money for inventory but that's probably not working, so if you have it then go ahead and get what you can and I may buzz up there later today, but I doubt your schedule would allow that unless you have some in the house. Okay, I'll check in with you later. Thanks a lot, bye."

Source: Talkleft - Voice expert ID's Ted Haggard's Voice

Does "I bought it for myself but never used it," make sense in light of Haggart saying "I was just calling to see if we could get any more."

"I could send you some money for inventory but that's probably not working..." this would seem to indicate Haggart was looking to put a continuous supply program in place by having Jones hold consigned meth. Odd given Haggard's assertion of "never used it".

"I may buzz up there later today" indicates familiarity. As it, Haggard had experience dealing with Jones in the past. If he knows were "up there" is, he knows from his personal experience.

So who is lying? Ted Haggart, the pious evangelical pastor, or Mike Jones, an admitted gay prostitute and drug dealer. If you need help deciding, watch this video of Haggart... lying.

 

1 comment:

Johnny C said...

... and he said let there be video, and there was video...

... and on the next day, he laughed his ass off...