Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Still pissed off

It has been 4 hours since I came home from work. The anger I feel from a mind numbingly futile day spent dealing with “important issues” still lingers. I turn to art as a release.

I shot this a few days ago. A couple of panhandlers in the hot afternoon sun on the way home from work. I would have missed it except for the fatal accident on the freeway. I normally do not drive this route home. A semi truck had overturned spilling the driver on to the roadway. I was close enough with my camera to capture it all - but I choose not to. There is something about a man dying that should be private. I could not intrude; a career as a photojournalist is out of the question. I watched as they pulled the sheet over his head, and then drove the shoulder to the off ramp. I shot this picture a few minutes later. Actually, I shot 15 of these pictures trying to capture the silhouette I saw in my head. It is weird how things work out. You never know what is around the next corner.

Technorati Tags: , ,