Sunday, June 18, 2006

The weird things that I do

I am watching Jurassic Park this Sunday morning while the house is quite. Well actually, I am kind of watching it. It is on, and it catches my attention now and then, but I am actually working at my computer. One of the annoying weird things I do at times like this is ask myself useless questions. I do so because I have this child like curiosity and I know the internet is like a big library. I can find answers to my questions if I apply myself hard enough. A good example of the type of question I pursue is trying to determine the name of the little blond girl who plays Lex in Jurassic Park. The answer for me at first is always - I don’t know. So, I look her up. She is Ariana Richards and now ~25 years old. I wonder if she is still acting so I dig deeper. I find that she has a Star Wars themed movie titled “5-27-77” in the works. A little more poking around and I find the real gem of my quest. Ariana has become a fine arts painter. Her paintings are beautiful.

Of course, if you ask me her name in a week I will struggle to remember it. I will remember that she is a painter and that I like her work. I may even go out of my way on some museum weekend to view one of her paintings in person.

Technorati Tags: , ,