Monday, July 04, 2005

Waiting for the 4th


Here we have a typical Cerritos Park East 4th of July enthusiast waiting for her ride to take here and her monster ice chest home. Please note the American flag stenciled on her cheek, these were “it” things at the park this year. It was very crowded at the park this year. For some reason the City has marked many of the best spots as off limits. Of course, the city fat cats got preferred parking.

On an interesting note, another fat white guy (I'm one too) approached me while waiting for the restroom to bemoan the number of "out of town visitors" at the part this year. I simply said "this is Cerritos bro - how the hell can you tell who lives here?" He gave me a funny look and walked away.

btw - I have not lived in Cerritos for over 10 years, I guess I'm an out of towner too.