Thursday, February 24, 2005

I am often alone



It seems like I witness this sight night after night. I pull into a garage that is full of cars, and when it's my turn to leave, only a few stragliers remain. I become afraid. It was only a few weeks ago that somebody surprised me by walking out of the shadows next to my car.

I shot this tonight after school in Irvine at about 10:00 pm. Handheld at 1/5s and f4.5.

I am trying to shoot a picture a day – so far it’s been hard and I’ve been lucky.

1 comment:

Johnny C said...

I just got a quote that your post reminds me of:

"Why do I write? It's not that I want people to think I am smart, or even that I am a good writer. I write because I want to end my loneliness."
-- Jonathan Safran Foer, in an interview, The New York Times Magazine.

He may be talking about writing, but he could just as well be talking about photography. I mean I myself do both things, and somehow I feel less alone in the world when I do.

Nice picture btw