Wednesday, August 17, 2011

iPhone Photo - lamps


I game myself a challenge this month. I’m trying hard to see the beauty around me. I read story after story of depravity. It’s hard to write. I can’t take it anymore. I’m in a down cycle right now in fact. There are no fewer that 12 new stories waiting for me and I can’t do it. Especially after researching this horrible example. One or two stories a night is all I can manage. But beauty… that I can do every day.

Yesterday it was a lamp fixture shaped like flowers in the Irvine Hilton’s conference center. I was attending a Manager Tools conference and took a few good shots on the short breaks allotted to us during the day. This was the best.

Let me say this about the Manager Tools conference. It was the best experience I’ve ever had at a professional developer conference. And I’ve attended conferences with Peter Drucker, Tom Peters, and the legendary Dr. Edwards Deming. Mark Horstman and Mike Auzenne have a good product and they know how to teach it. I hung on every word. Attend one if you can.

I’m writing a review for my real blog…
Technorati Tags: ,