Monday, June 27, 2011

Introducing The Floating Lantern

Please join me in welcoming one of the newest members of the Atheist Blogroll, The Floating Lantern.

Hello, my name's Tim Martin. I'm a 26 year old research assistant in the field of cognitive neuroscience.

Over the past few years, I've done a lot of reading on science, religion, and atheism. I've learned a lot and solidified my stance as a firm atheist and rationalist. I started my blog in order to increase my participation in the discussion of subjects that matter to me.

I kicked off my blog with a number of posts on sex and religion, but future content will include any interesting areas where religion encroaches on secular knowledge and values. I'm especially interested in evolution, free will, morality, and basic human rights.

One of my goals is to provide information and analysis that will get people to consider things they hadn't before, as so much of what I've read lately has done for me. And I encourage discussion and debate; I wouldn't be content to only communicate with people who agree with me. I hope that people who disagree will comment with (hopefully rational) rebuttals!

Glad to be a part of the Atheist Blogroll!

Are you interested in becoming a member? Visit the Atheist Blogroll for more information. or visit the the full Atheist Blogroll membership list.

Technorati Tags: Atheism,The Atheist Blogroll