Pastor Christopher Settlemoir had a court date yesterday. A interested party posted comments on my original post with a 1st party update from the hearing. The notes are shown below.
- Preliminary Hearing waived Settlemoir case sent to Circuit Court for trial.
- Defense request for lower bond denied by Judge.
- Prosecutor says more charges coming for same victims.
- Prosecutor says more victims pictures on cell phone but not identified.
- Prosecutor says Feds are considering Federal charges (unknown).
- Next court hearing in Circuit Court on Oct 4 2010.
- Photos on cell phone are of victims genitals.
- Recordings at jail indicate Settlemoir and wife plotting to flee if bonded out.
- Defense Attorney thinks Settlemoir should be free because the crimes were against the church community and the general public has nothing to fear.
- Settlemoir fired from church and no longer receives compensation.
- Wife works 3 jobs currently.
The hearing did not make the news.