Sunday, September 12, 2010

A good cause, now with cigars too!

image0

I am notorious for one bad vice; I smoke cigars. To me, there is nothing better than a good cigar, a book, and perhaps a small glass of scotch, neat of course. In my opinion, there are few better ways to relax.

I stopped by my local cigar shop last week to restock and found a flyer for a small charity event. A rescue dog had incurred a large vet bill after being found with serious injuries. Its new owner needs help offsetting the cost he incurred caring for the injured animal. The cause is reason enough for me to lay a fin on the proprietor as my way of helping. But wait, it gets better. The fundraiser will have music, food and drinks. But the topper is the location. It’s in the cigar store, which means that there will be cigars sold and consumed while listening to music, and presumably eating good food and drinking beer,. I bet we even get to pet a newly healed dog too. Can you guess where I will be on the September 15th at 5:00 pm? Cigar Times, 19116 Pioneer Blvd. Cerritos, CA 90703.

Technorati Tags: ,