Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It’s a small world

The coincidences of everyday life amaze me. I attribute nothing divine to them, but I’ve come to wonder at their complexity. I can be on the other side of the world and run into a old friend in a dive bar, or find out that two people know each other outside of their exclusive relationship with me. It happened today.

LA me.chase.obit.jpg One of my employees asked for today off to go to the funeral of a famous architect. He made it clear the deceased was gay. He was attending to support the deceased’s partner. My employee has know both men for years. I slowly realized we were talking about John Chase. We compared notes and then shook our heads at the coincidence. I asked that he pass along my condolences.

John Chase died suddenly and much to young.

Technorati Tags: ,