Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dr. Laura flameout

I read of Dr. Laura departure from broadcasting with glee. I loath this hater. I don’t know if it’s her bizarre religious orientation and how it apparently guides her bigotry, or her anti-feminist rants. She’s mean and a hater. We are better off without her.

She’s unapologetic about her most recent rant.

“I want to be able to say what’s on my mind and in my heart and what I think is helpful and useful without somebody getting angry, some special interest group deciding this is the time to silence a voice of dissent and attack affiliates, attack sponsors,” she said. “I’m sort of done with that.”

We are done with you too.

In a odd twist, rightwing nutter Sarah Palin tweeted her support. Joan Walsh wrights in Salon:

…It's scary to think we just had a vice presidential nominee who doesn't understand the Constitution, who thinks Schlessinger's First Amendment rights "ceased 2exist" because she was criticized for haranguing a black woman who called for advice, using the word "nigger" 11 times. Again, Gov. Palin, the First Amendment protects us from government infringing on our speech rights; it doesn't take away other Americans' right to criticize.

Perhaps Palin should fade away too. Is it too much to ask?