Sunday, March 06, 2005

Wild Flowers at Joshua Tree



I took a much need break from grad school this weekend to visit Joshua Tree National Park for a weekend camping trip. It was still very cold. I think it got down to the low 40's on Saturday night; it also rained quite a bit. Sunday dawned bright and cold, the flowers were out by noon. I stopped on the downhill side of the road leading out to Cottonwood Springs for this shot. I was blown away a few miles later. The road from the park entrance to I-10 was paved with gold. I have never seen anything like it.

I'll post a few more shots later.

1 comment:

Johnny C said...

Its beautiful isn't it, when you see an ocean of color like that. Even Living in vegas I was always amazed and the colors flowing out accross some of the deserts. If you catch them in bloom it is quite a site. It reminds me of the bluebonnets here in Texas, Now that is an awesome site.