Friday, June 26, 2015

Congrats to dumb ass Bristol Palin

Announcing the birth of a new child is often joyous news, except when you are the very definition of a Christian hypocrite. I think Bristol Palin’s sad story fits the bill. Don’t you?

Palin is pregnant again and she is still unmarried of course. Per her faith and convictions she should be chaste until married, but even though she earns a whopping $262k in speaking fees for her abstinence-only eduction campaign, she still seems to live the life of one ignorant of the Lord.
I wanted you guys to be the first to know that I am pregnant.

Honestly, I’ve been trying my hardest to keep my chin up on this one.

At the end of the day there’s nothing I can’t do with God by my side, and I know I am fully capable of handling anything that is put in front of me with dignity and grace.
- via Bristol Palin

How is she believable? How is she a star in evangelical circles? How is she invited to speak to children about something that she has never practiced? Follow her advice and your daughters become mothers. She had an out-of-wedlock kid at age 16, and now a second illegitimate child is on the way. She is the very definition of what we do not want our daughters to become. She does not live her values. I doubt she has any.

Does she go on a sex fast for a week before speaking on abstinence? Is that how she justifies speaking about something she does not practice? Do Christian pastors look at her and think, “Well, this is the best I can do. At least she has a name people will recognize.”

Everybody involved in this mess is a hypocrite. It’s pathetic. Abstinence does not work and your ambassador is the best example of its failure. Your kids are likely to act just like Bristol Palin instead of the make-believe alternative she offers with her words. A solid sexual education program tied to easy access to birth control is the answer to the question, “How do we stop teen pregnancy?”