Friday, May 08, 2015

Thinking about hypocrisy

I’ve been thinking a lot lately and I’ve come to the conclusion that I should have continued tracking religious hypocrites, but I should have expanded to cover more than pastors and church leaderships. There are hypocrites of every stripe, but it’s politics where the abuses are staggering. I think I’ll dip my toe back in the water so to speak. It’s been long enough and there are so many stories.

hypocrisy - the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

One case that sticks in my mind happened in late 2012 “Family Values” Tennessee Republican Brad Staats lost a congressional race. He was arrested for domestic assault after slapping his wife and pushing down onto a bed.

Remember Staats? He welcomed President Obama to Tennessee with a photo of a handgun.
Is Brad Staats a hypocrite? I think so. I’ve lost track of him since the incident. I don’t even know how his case worked out. My point is that there are hundreds of Staats playing at politics. They are dangerous and we need to call them out every time they step off the path. We must hold them accountable.