Thursday, January 09, 2014

Grand jury decides not to indict snake-handling pastor

I’m not sure this is justice, but I really don’t care. If this pastor wants to risk his life playing with snakes, I say we let him. 

"Campbell County pastor Andrew Hamblin will not face any criminal charges after a grand jury decided Wednesday not to indict him.

'I feel relieved that this is over and that's where I want it to stay,' said Hamblin.

In November, Pastor Hamblin was cited for having animal dangerous to humans after state wildlife agents seized some 50 venomous snakes, including copperheads and rattlesnakes, from Tabernacle Church of God. Pastor Hamblin said his congregation uses the poisonous snakes as a part of their religious service."

Source: Grand jury decides not to indict snake-handling pastor:

Natural selection is a wonderful thing.