Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I'd call this discrimination

Rock Beyond Belief has an interesting story about an atheist veteran who was profiled for discrimination by a Arizona police officer. I call his story discrimination. I would also call it abuse of power. Give it a read and let me know what you think.

Adam, a friend of mine who served in the Army, is currently making a cross-country road trip. He’s a pretty outspoken atheist, a combat veteran who was highly decorated in Iraq, and a pretty cool guy to boot! He was in the Army, which isn’t as cool as the Marines, but I forgive him for that every time he buys me a beer. :)

This year he made his way through Arizona driving to Vegas en route to TAM 2013. For those of you unfamiliar with TAM – it is The Amazing Meeting put on by the great magician James “The Amazing” Randi. I’m sure most of you know about TAM but it was my first. I ended up staying in the same hotel room with Adam and he gave me a lift back to California on his cross-country road trip. Just a few hours ago he recanted this story to me about how he may have been profiled because he was an atheist.

Read more:  Did a Police Officer Attempt to Imprison a Decorated Combat Veteran merely because he was an Atheist? by Paul Loebe