Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Why I fight the good fight

I write about hypocrisy and atheism for a reason. The majority of Americans are Christian and have no problem pushing their moral vision down on me. This includes all sorts of Christians who assume I am amoral and therefore untrustworthy simply because I do not share their faith. I also write about atheism because of actual discrimination i have experienced in my life, and the discrimination my atheists friends have experienced across America. Don't don't get me started on legislated morality. I should be able to buy beer on a hot Sunday morning in Waco, Texas if I choose too. The local Baptists should not be able to dictate my lifestyle. I don't rant much, but this stuff worries me. An article called 4 Reasons Atheists Have to Fight for Their Rights by Greta Christina, captures my concerns far better than I could. Give it a read.