Wednesday, April 25, 2012

National Poetry Month blog challenge

npm2012_poster_540National Poetry Month is coming to an end soon. Tomorrow is Poem In Your Pocket Day. A day when poem lovers will pass out poems to unsuspecting people all over America. I will participate in two ways.

1. A few of my coworkers will get a poem tomorrow. I hope it makes them smile a little.

2. I will publish a poem on my blog every hour from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.

The Challenge: I challenge other bloggers to participate Poem In Your Pocket Day by posting at least one poem on their blogs.

It’s easy. Choose a poem you like, your favorite poem, or one you wrote. Make a post with the poem and link to Poets.org’s National Poetry Month. Send me a link if you can, or link to me from within your post. I promise to read every poem.

I told a lady at work today that I’ve read a poem a day for almost 35 years. She was stunned. When she asked why, I told her that poetry helps me connect to an inner peace that is a lot like how I feel when visiting a favorite secluded spot in nature, like in Joshua Tree, where I can calm my mind and relax by simply sitting on a rock. I consider it a form of meditation. The same goes for poetry.

Poem in Your Pocket Day is cool.

To start things off I will share this Haiku poem by my snarky friend David.

Haikus don’t make sense
They are always so random
Refrigerator

- David F. 4/25/2012

Technorati Tags: ,