Friday, August 12, 2011

Introducing Lost My Faith in You

Please join me in welcoming one of the newest members of the Atheist Blogroll, Lost My Faith In You.

Hi.  I'm TheDon.  Just over a year ago, I began a journey to find out exactly what I believed as a christian.  Along the way, I read a couple of really insightful books: The Reason Driven Life by Robert Price and Misquoting Jesus by Bart Ehrman.  Of course, it brought me to a place of serious skepticism and ultimately, non-belief.  During this transition, I needed a place to be myself as I explored this very strange time in my life.  Thus, Lost My Faith In You was born.  I assumed the moniker, TheDon because I required some anonymity.  I was a christian for most of my life, having made that decision when I was six.  I even worked on staff at my church. I am now 34 years old and married with five children.  My wife is still a believer and it's a challenge to come to some sort of middle ground, but that is thankfully changing.  Most of my friends are believers and unaware of my de-conversion.  I write anonymously so that my family is protected.

I have a fascination with all things science, especially origins of life and the universe.  I am also very intrigued with human psychology; what makes us be the way we are.

Lost My Faith In You is simply my journey, uncut and uncensored.  I have no idea where this road will lead me, but I'm excited.  I hope you can join me.

Are you interested in becoming a member? Visit the Atheist Blogroll for more information. or visit the the full Atheist Blogroll membership list.

Technorati Tags: Atheism,The Atheist Blogroll