Monday, July 18, 2011

Oprah as the antichrist

I’m not a fan of Oprah Winfrey. It’s nothing personal, I just don’t buy into her whole new age woo point of view. I don’t go after her on my blog because she is essentially a good person who tries to do good things. She has a long history of philanthropy, and she helps people and organizations all over the world. In my book, that means her propensity to believe in odd things without proof is a quirk I can overlook. However, you won’t find me watching her shows or spending much time thinking about who she is or what she does. Is she evil? Is she the antichrist? Um… I’d say no.

IHOP (International House of Prayer) calls her the antichrist, but they do so because she does good deeds for the wrong reasons.

The Harlot Babylon is preparing the nations to receive the Antichrist. The Harlot Babylon will be a religion of affirmation, toleration, no absolutes, a counterfeit justice movement. They will feed the poor, have humanitarian projects, inspire acts of compassion for all the wrong reasons. They won’t know it, beloved they will be sincere, many of them, but their sincerity will not in any way lessen the impact of their deception. The fact that they are sincere does not make their deception less damaging.

Can you do good things for the wrong reasons? Can you do good things in the service of evil? I don’t think so. Oprah has a good heart. She’s not evil. The real message is this, IHOP cannot compete with the good things Oprah does, so they brand her evil. Their followers lap it up as if it makes sense, but we all know it does not. By IHOP’s definition every secular charity is evil, and that’s just crazy.

Technorati Tags: ,,,

4 comments:

Andrew Hall said...

Oh yeah, Oprah is going to hell. All those good works aren't going to work.

Unknown said...

From what I've heard from acquaintances who have worked with her show, Oprah actually is evil behind the scenes. Granted, I'm sure that applies to a lot of celebrity personalities who appear nice on camera.

One of my childhood friends joined IHOP, and he posts crazy stuff about faith healing and such on FB all the time. They're a friggin' cult.

Unknown said...

To be fair, I have flirted with the idea that all Christian charities are evil because they just do it to try to convert people. But then I laugh at the thought of labeling something "evil." That's a little too Bush for me.

mikespeir said...

Any reason for helping people that isn't, you know, just to be helping people is the wrong reason.