Monday, June 13, 2011

Should Anthony Weiner resign?

I’ve been asked this question a dozen times in the last week.Should Anthony Weiner resign? Each time I’ve ducked it. I don’t want to speak my mind on this issue. I fear it runs counter to the majority and that usually means trouble. Here it is – unless he’s broken some heinous law, I think another factor should be use to determine if he should resign or not. Politics.

The Republicans are playing hardball in Congress. Everything they do is calculated to cause the president and his party as much pain as possible. The Democrats are not fighting the war well. It’s almost like they don’t understand the stakes. The party of god must be defeated.

If Weiner’s resignation would change the balance of power in any way, he should stay. If not, he should go. Let his voters decide what to do with this philandering technologically challenged liar. We have a war to fight and its time the democrats toughen up.

I’m ok with everyone calling for his resignation, even Obama. The leadership should get it’s position in the public eye. It’s the right thing to do. I’m ok with treating him like a social leper. I’m ok with using him as the butt of every wiener joke imaginable. Heck, I’m ok with watching as his wife leaves him. I’m NOT ok with handing the Republicans any advantage.
Technorati Tags: ,