Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Photo a day - Gabbie

IMG_0128

I’ve started a new project. I’m taking a photo of every person I know. I want to remember people 10 years from now. I want to be able to connect memories to people to places and events. I bad at this. I forget names.I never forget a face.

I’ve known Gabbie for a few years. I shot her daughter’s Quinceañera portrait a few days ago. It was some of the first commercial photography work I’ve done since I stopped shooting weddings 15 years ago. I had a lot of fun, although as usual, I was not happy with the results. Gabbie was happy, and that is all that matters.

I’m shooting these more casual shots with my iPhone4. The most recent operating system updates have improved the capability enough that I am comfortable shooting a good quality photo. Plus I can shoot in HDR, with offers better results. 

I plan to work on this photo in post-production. Here eyes are too dark.

Technorati Tags: ,,