Thursday, September 02, 2010

Introducing This One Shall Be Called Women

Please join me in welcoming one of the newest member of the Atheist Blogroll, This One Shall Be Called Woman.

My name is Nullefide and I am a feminist agnostic-theist (moving slowly towards atheist).

I have started a blog entitled "This One Shall Be Called Woman," a critical view of women in the Bible. During this project I will read the Bible cover to cover and make note of any woman (or female animal) mentioned and the context/story in which she is mentioned. This project came about mostly because of my born again father (much to his dismay, I'm sure) because I got tired of hearing him tell me how the Bible wasn't sexist. I decided I would go ahead and read the Bible so then I would know specific details and evidence for why exactly the Bible is sexist and why I refuse to follow it. And I figured there would be many people out there who didn't have the time it takes to read through the Bible and write down every mention of a woman, but who would still like to know the specific details of women in the Bible, how they were treated and how the Bible can still affect many women's lives today. So my blog was born.

So if you have an interest in sexism in the Bible, women in the Bible, general Bible synopses or you just like seeing someone get super pissed over Biblical rape laws please read more and feel free to leave comments on any post, old or new. :)

Are you interested in becoming a member? Visit the Atheist Blogroll resource blog for more information.

Technorati Tags: Atheism,The Atheist Blogroll