Wednesday, May 12, 2010

This sounds like hell to me

This my version of hell on earth: My escape from marriage retreat hell via Salon. A first person account of a brush with a super scary Christian marriage retreat.

The 26K message contained the lines, "We would like to stress that this is a structured, work Weekend. There is no time for TV, books, work, etc. There are also no distractions." Weekend was capitalized throughout the text, including in this personal testimonial from past participants: "By Sunday afternoon of our Weekend, we had a whole new appreciation of our relationship and didn't want the Weekend to end."

Personally, I would rather have my fingernails pulled off than attend a marriage retreat. I’ve never contemplated attending one. A bible based retreat, well that is a non-starter.

Technorati Tags: ,