Friday, December 04, 2009

Pastor Curtis Franklin arrested

CurtisFranklin2 I read these stories and think, “What a dumb bastard.” I don’t know why I think they are dumb, but I do. I guess it’s because I think anyone of normal intelligence would not be lead to hurt a child. Of course, the real reason is related to ones morals. By now I understand that being a pastor, or by extension a Christian, does give one a leg up in moral behavior. Pastor Curtis Franklin is the latest example. He faces charges of sexual assault on a girl younger than 16.
The sexual conduct took place on at least three occasions at a local residence about six years ago and was not reported until Monday, authorities said. Franklin was arrested Tuesday.
It’s always that Sunday afternoon rape of an innocent child that comes back to haunt you. When will they learn?

Pastor Curtis Franklin is the assistant pastor for Mahwah Full Gospel Church. Perhaps when this is settled and Franklin gets out of prison, he can get a job at the Mahwah half Gospel Church just down the road?

Indecently, the church website does not mention anything about the arrest of its assistant pastor. Move along folks, nothing to see here. Oh wait, a second victim has come forward.