Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hypocrisy watch on Google Maps


View Mojoey's Hypocrisy Watch in a larger map

2009 was a big year for Hypocrisy Watch. I posted on hundreds of wayward pastors. Martin William at No2Religion created a Google map based on cases from Q3 and Q4. He is working backward through the year. Needless to say, it is no small task. It’s called Mojoey’s Hypocrisy Watch, although I honestly think it should be called Mojoey & Martin’s Hypocrisy watch. He’s put just as much work into making the map as I have writing the posts.

The legend is pretty cool.

Green Marker = Charged, Indicted, Accused
Red Marker = Convicted, Plead Guilty
Blue Marker = Multiple Convictions or Guilty Plea's
Yellow Marker = Other Hypocrisy
Colored Marker w/ Black Dot = Sex related

For the record, people living in Florida should keep a close watch on their kids, Texas too.

I started writing posts about clergy sexual abuse and other crimes committed by the pious as a way of countering the Christian argument that you cannot live a moral life without the magical guidance of the bible. It’s evolved into much more. I’ve receive emails from the victims that break my heart and give me hope that they will find a way to heal. My posts also attract people involved in the church who need a place to vent. It’s been a great way for people to come to terms with the problems. My only problem is keeping up with the overwhelming volume of stories.

Thanks Martin!