Thursday, November 05, 2009

No more church for you

DaleGriffin Pastor Dale Griffin, er… former pastor Dale Griffin was banished from Church for his illicit relationship with a parishioner.

Giffin was indicted back in February -- accused of repeatedly raping the victim while she was a member of Zion Lutheran Church in Cornersburg. The charges dated back to 1993, but the victim claims the abuse began when she was just 15. In court, the victim described her first sexual encounter, saying Giffin "reached over and put his hand on my thigh, and he leaned into me and he kissed me on the lips."

He pled out to misdemeanor assault, never apologized, and as a result was prohibited from ever serving in the clergy again. I did not realize a judge could do that.

I’m sure he will find a home among the Baptists.

Technorati Tags: