Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Forget all that stuff, I’m a pastor now

I recently posted on Joe Panaia, the Tea, South Dakota area pastor who wants to open a youth center despite being a sex offender with a long criminal history.  A recent update further complicates this odd story. His most recent conviction was in 2007. I’m not even sure if he’s cleared probation yet.

Here is the arrest list:

  • 1999 sexual misconduct
  • 2001 indecent exposure
  • 2004 welfare fraud
  • 2004 Medicaid fraud
  • 2007 forgery arrest

Panaia threw in the towel.

Hello from Pastor Joe:  This is to let everyone know that Bridging the Gap Ministries will no longer will be opening a youth center.  Ryan Shepherd will be trying to open the youth center on his own so I ask that you show him support. I will no longer have an office there or hold Sunday service there. I ask once again that you show Ryan your support, You can contact him at (605)498-8092. I still feel that a youth center is something that is needed in our community

Technorati Tags: