Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Former youth pastor arrested

Another former youth pastor was arrested on sexual assault charges for crimes allegedly committed against a young boy a few years ago.

An 18-year-old man told sheriff’s investigators on Tuesday that when he was 12 to 16 years old, he was sexually molested by Jose Alfredo Coronado, according to sheriff’s Lt. Bobby Caruthers. The young man claimed the molestation began while Coronado served as his youth pastor, Caruthers said.

I could channel a catholic apologist and say, why now? I could speculate that the victim was a gold digger, or that he is mentally ill and seeking attention. I could do all of that and more, but I will not. Instead I will simply say don’t bother to defend Coronado. If he’s guilty, then prison awaits. If not, then he can go back to being a elections official.

One other thing, the rat bastard admitted to molesting the boy starting at age 13.